Saturday, August 21, 2004
SANDOWN, SATURDAY, AUGUST 21
THE VALUE BETTING COLUMN EVERY SATURDAY
SANDOWN, SATURDAY, AUGUST 21, 2004
For the latest best odds, go to BritOdds.com
3.25pm Michael Shanly Rated Stakes (Class B) (Handicap) (3yo+,0-100), 5f
1) (1) 0011 Smokin Beau Nick Littmoden 7-10-01 Kieren Fallon
Grand old veteran who has been in great form, winning Great St Wilfrid at Ripon last week. More at home over this distance and chance respected despite his huge weight.
2) (3) 1422 Fruit Of Glory John Jenkins 5-9-02 Frankie Dettori
Handles some cut in the great form and a clear chance on her recent second in a Listed race at Pontefract. However, five furlongs is her best minimum.
3) (4) 3904 Speed Cop Andrew Balding 4-9-02 Travis Block(7)
Has been very highly-tried this season. This is more her kind of race although generally better on firmer ground.
4) (6) 3080 Henry Hall Nigel Tinkler 8-8-12 Kim Tinkler
Real five-furlong specialist but has not been seen at his best of late.
5) (5) 2810 Mutawaqed Mikael Magnusson 6-8-10t Ryan Moore
Generally in good form this season and won decent contest over six furlongs at Newcastle on penultimate outing. However, this is his first start ever five furlongs and a drop in drip is not what he appears to need.
6) (2) 2290 Caustic Wit Malcolm Saunders 6-8-07p Darryll Holland
In good form in weaker contests so far this year but nothing in his profile to suggest he will be a major player here.
7) (7) 5472 Devise Malcolm Saunders 5-8-07 Robert Miles(3)
Best over five furlongs and a clear chance on his second to Smokin Beau at Haydock last time. Has a 5lb pull for half-a-length and chance must be respected.
Only seven runners but very open. The value lies with DEVISE.
For old articles (from 1st March 2000) go to the Newslink Archive