Sunday, March 2, 2003
ANOTHER WINNER FOR THE BEST FREE TIPPING COLUMN ON THE INTERNET
THE VALUE BETTING COLUMN EVERY SATURDAY AT WWW.RACENEWS.CO.UK
THE ONLY HORSE HIGHLIGHTED, TOM’S PRIZE, WON YESTERDAY AT 5/1
IN GREAT FORM SO FAR THIS YEAR - ONE SELECTION EVERY SATURDAY
THE FEBRUARY 1 VALUE BETTING COLUMN - GALLANT BOY, RECOMMENDED AT 7/1 WINS AT 13/2 -
THE JANUARY 18 VALUE BETTING COLUMN SELECTION TRUCKER’S TAVERN WON AT 9/2
COMPLETE LIST OF SELECTIONS SINCE THE START OF 2003
TOM’S PRIZE WON 5/1 March 1
MONTREAL 5th 7/1 February 22
No selection/column February 15 (weather affected racing programme)
CHIVES 2nd 3/1 February 8
GALLANT BOY WON 7/1 February 1
BE MY MANAGER Unplaced 20/1 January 25
TRUCKER’S TAVERN WON 9/2 January 18
WAGES unplaced 10/1 January 11
HERODOTUS 5th 10/1 January 4
SEE BELOW YESTERDAY’S FULL ADVICE
THE VALUE BETTING COLUMN EVERY SATURDAY
DONCASTER, SATURDAY, MARCH 1, 2003
2.40pm £35,000 SAINSBURY’S RED NOSE GRIMTHORPE CHASE 3M
Going - Good, good to firm in places.
BP= best price of Coral, Tote, William Hill, Ladbrokes.
1) RED STRIKER NON-RUNNER
2) 425-547 WHITENZO Malcolm Pearce Paul Nicholls 7-11-12 Mr Christian Williams (5)
Talented chaser at his best but is another who does not always pull run consistently. Has a tough task under this weight.
3) P5421-1 FATEHALKHAIR R Wagner Brian Ellison 11-11-01 Vinnie Keane (3)
His win came in July on fast ground over 21 furlongs in a Sedgefield hurdler but had a run on the all-weather recently (tailed off). He won his last chase in April also at Sedfgefield over a longer trip than this but this is a better race. Has something still to prove over fences.
4) 1-F22F1 TOM’S PRIZE Mrs P Joyne John Spearing 8-10-11 Marcus Foley
Front-runner who is very consistent and may still have improvement in him. Has a good chance though softer ground would help.
5) 13-4314 LANMIRE TOWER Rowfield Racing Steve Gollings 9-10-10 bl Timmy Murphy
Not run since December 12. Consistent chaser who has a chance.
6) U1U1-P2 KILDORRAGH Carrie Zetter-Wells Lawrence Wells 9-10-04 Paul Flynn
Fair chaser who likes Fontwell. Coming into form and cannot be dismissed.
7) 2132132 PUTSOMRTNY Getjar Ltd Jonjo O’Neill 7-10-01 Liam Cooper
Very consistent chaser who has kept going up in the weights. The form last time has not worked out. Has some chance, especially as he acts on faster ground.
8) -32B141 NORDIC PRINCE Blue Shirts J G M O’Shea 12-10-00 G Richards (7)
BP=10/1 Coral & Ladbrokes
Won a selling hurdle last time out and is held on chasing form.
9) PU314PF ROLLER BLADE Advanced Marketing Services Nigel Twiston-Davies 9-10-00 Jamie Goldstein
Inconsistent chaser who has not run for a while. Best watched.
10) /150-3P TYNDARIUS Alex Shaw I W McInnes12-10-00 (9-11) R McGrath
BP=50/1 except Tote
No form for a while.
This is a fairly tricky contest but the clear value is TOM’S PRIZE each way at 5/1. He would prefer softer conditions but is a useful sort who may get these stretched out and making mistakes.
For old articles (from 1st March 2000) go to the Newslink