Saturday, January 17, 2004
THE VALUE BETTING COLUMN EVERY SATURDAY
SATURDAY, JANUARY 17, 2004
KEMPTON PARK, UK
BP = best odds offered from Coral Eurobet, Blue Square, Ladbrokes, Tote, Stanleybet. Bet365, William Hill
3:40pm £50,000 Tote Scoop6 Lanzarote Hurdle Showcase Handicap 2m
1) 1-2P Limerick Boy 49Venetia Williams 6-11-12 Sam Thomas(5)
Disappointed on only run for a long time at the end of November. Trainer in good form now.
A top novice last season, has to give weight all round here.
BP= 16/1 Ladbrokes, Tote, Bet365 and William Hill
2) 1112 Perouse 17 Paul Nicholls 611-09t Ruby Walsh
Has had a good season so far but there is a line of form which suggests that Kadount has some 10lb in hand.
BP= 9/2 Coral Eurobet, Tote, Ladbrokes & Stanleybet
3) 111 Kadount 21 Alan King 6-11-04 Robert Thornton
Has won two novices and took a Leicester handicap hurdle in good style last time out. The second has won at Ascot since and Kadount looks a step ahead of the handicapper.
BP= 4/1 Blue Square
4) F1-5 Golden Alpha 77 Martin Pipe 10-11-03 Jamie Moore(3)
Has not run over hurdles since April, 2002. Used to make th running over smaller obstacles and could take them along here..Useful sort at best.
BP= 16/1 Blue Square, Ladbrokes & Bet365
5) 2-16 Altay 62 Richard Fahey 7-11-02 P Whelan(3)
Won the Merewood Homes Swinton hurdle in May but showed little at Cheltenham in November.
BP= 8/1 Ladbrokes, Tote & William Hill
6) /0-1 Greenhope 21 Nicky Henderson 6-11-01 Mick Fitzgerald
Lightly-raced sort who is best making all. Has a good record but could be vulnerable to speed from the back
BP= 7/2 Coral Eurobet & Bet365
7) 7-72 Hawadeth 21 Victor Dartnall 9-10-11 Jim Culloty
Second in this race last year and second to Greenhope last time out at Kempton. He is not getting any younger.
BP= 6/1 Coral Eurobet & Tote
8) 1P80 Idaho D ìOx 17 Martin Pipe 8-10-09 Tom Scudamore
Well beaten this season.
BP= 40/1 Coral Eurobet & Blue Square
9) 1209 Pirandello 17 Kim Bailey 6-10-08 J P McNamara
Found this sort of company too much on his two most recent starts.
BP= 25/1 Bet365
10) 00P- Majlis 280 (19F) Tom George 7-10-02b Paul Moloney
Won this race well two years ago and has recently come back to form on the Flat all-weather track of Lingfield. He is well handicapped again over hurdles and looks excellent value.
BP= 10/1 Coral Eurobet & Bet365
11) 6-55 Swan Knight 7 Richard Fahey 8-10-00 Dan O ìMeara(3)
Consistent enough sort but needs to put in his best.
BP= 25/1 Coral Eurobet, Tote & Stanleybet
MAJLIS is the value while a saver is advised on Kadount
For old articles (from 1st March 2000) go to the Newslink